Sunday, August 18, 2013

Getting Started!!

Greetings...
My name is Tanya and my intention is to share my sewing journey with you. About 2 weeks ago, I realized that I have been  spending quite a bit of money on clothes lately. The reason is that I have recently lost 25 pounds. And I still would like to lose another 20 or so pounds. I am on a  mission to get my body down to a healthy size and keep it there! I recently had a battle with breast cancer, which thank God, is behind me. Now it is time for me to make some serious changes in my life!

I decided to call this blog "Soulful Sewing" because not only am I sewing so that I will have new clothes; I am also sewing because I find it a very peaceful and fulfilling craft that allows me to connect to an inner sense of tranquility.

I'm excited to get started. I dug out my sewing machine, small fabric stash, and started sewing!

The first thing I sewed was a very simple stretch pencil skirt. It is a DIY skirt by MimiG.

No comments:

Post a Comment